2012年4月8日星期日

What You Should Know about Royalty Free Music


When creating TV programs, videos or movies for a website or any other projects, you may require some royalty free music to enrich your project. I am a big You Tube video producer and I love to seek royalty free music for videos. Relying on my experience of searching for royalty free music for videos, I have summed up some tips that you may find practical.

Methods to obtain the suitable royalty free music

As it comes to royalty free music, there are a variety of options. Nevertheless, making the right decision can be really difficult. Here are 3 methods I always use to help me get premium quality cheap royalty free music. First and most importantly, paying a noted cheap royalty free music market for their licensed music can be a great idea. Usually, there are a wide variety of premium quality royalty free music ranging from traditional classical music to jazz, blues and rock music that are written by very excellent artists and musicians on their sites. Besides that, the price of the music is inexpensive. So even if a rigorous budget is involved in your project, you can still use their music. Secondly, use popular music in the legitimate way. Using well-known music for your production is really a good way. However, there are a lot of barriers to overcome, such as purchasing master use rights, mechanical rights, etc. It can be really a complex and messy procedure. Finally, Music with a Creative Commons license can be available without any fees. The license allows you to spread the copyrighted songs. But not every Creative Commons license is equal. A few artists allow you to use their music in commercial productions while others just let you use their music in individual productions. What you should do is to look at the license agreement carefully before you make a decision on how to use it.

Payments for royalty free music

3 ways are included in payment for royalty free music. Firstly, pay a monthly fee for subscribing royalty free music. Royalty free music subscription should be a good choice for people who need huge music tracks for their productions. You can find such online libraries as royaltyfreemusic.com to obtain the service. But there is still a certain limit to downloading royalty free music on this kind of monthly subscription sites. Secondly, pay one-time fee and obtain the rights to use royalty free music permanently for your projects from some cheap royalty free music libraries like Tune Society. You don’t have to worry about paying a lot of money for the music use in your project. This is what I often use every time I need to use royalty free music for videos. And I find it is very simple, with no complex steps. Finally, despite that lots of sites ask for money to use their royalty free music, there are also some totally royalty free music that is offered by some composers under the Creative Commons License (what I have mentioned above). However, this kind of site is often very difficult to find. And it seems that all the music on this site is just from one person. You may not obtain all types of music, and will need to spend more time listening to the music and obtaining the best one that suits your project.

Having made videos for almost four years, I have tried many cheap royalty free music and production music libraries. Among them, I love Tune Society the most. I don’t want to be overly promotional about Tune Society, but it is really my favorite website to get royalty free music for my videos. Different from other sites that require monthly subscription, Tune Society is one-time payment, so I feel I can obtain cheap royalty free music. Besides that, unlike incompetech.com, it owns a great selection of numerous musicians, numerous genres and all sorts of instruments like piano and guitar, etc. which offers me huge room of options while seeking music for my videos. I have to say that Tune Society really offers me great royalty free music for my videos, not only the lower cost, but also the finest quality. You can also Google royalty free music to get the site you like the most.

没有评论:

发表评论